Tuesday 4 October 2011

New Fall Wreath


Well I did it.
I FINALLY finished the wreath for my front door.

I don't know what it is about me and wreaths.
They just scare me. It's probably the commitment of the glue gun. I'm a major commitment-phobe.
Once you glue, there's no going back without a big mess and I hate messes.
But - I'm happy to say that after about six or seven days of staring at all my supplies...I did it.


I had lots of velvety leaves left over from my pumpkin projects, so I used the majority of them on the wreath.
Then I rummaged through my fabric tote and found several pieces in great autumnal shades that worked perfectly. I more or less used this tutorial from one of my fave blogs - Jones Design Company
- and I really, really like them.
Aside from the fabric roses I made for my ruffle pillow, this was one of my first attempts at fabric flower making. Pretty addicting, I have to say!


As scared as I was to take the plunge with my glue gun...I have to say I'm really happy with the result!
It might be a little more "fluffy" than some of the other wreaths that are trending right now,
but it fits perfectly with my fall style. I'm happy!
(and btw - see those light tan flowers? those are made from an old suede skirt! yep!)


The best part though?
It totally fit my cheapo budget!
The grapevine wreath was on sale for $2.50 at Michael's. The leaves were leftovers - so more or less free.
The flowers were from fabric scraps - free - and the berry stems I've had for several years - so free again!
Whoooo!


I'm looking forward to showing you my front entry very soon, now that I finished off the wreath
and I think that was the last piece.
I think.
Stay tuned!! 


Linking up to:




 
French Country Cottage
 
 

Weekend Bloggy Reading
The DIY Show Off



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 
Photobucket



To see what other great parties I'm attending click here!

29 comments:

  1. It's so pretty, I love all the colors and textures you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have some of these bases I picked up in thrift stores with all good intentions! Feeling a little frustrated right now that I seem to be busy making stuff for everyone else but me! Maybe at Christmas I'll make them up ready for next fall LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet and very worth it. If you are like me you also have the glue gun scars to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I found your blog on I heart naptimes page, and I'm happy to be following you now:) You have some great posts, I can't wait to make some fabric pumpkins! Just have to say I am in love with your wreath, it totally makes mine look sad. Looking forward to seeing more from you, Nicole

    http://fortheloveofwelleverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous wreath! You're so creative and talented :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! *wolf whistle* Your wreath is just heavenly! I LOVE it! I've followed your blog!

    The leaves and flowers just come together beautifully!

    Thank you so much for linking up to my Fall In Love party.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one of the prettiest autumn wreaths I've ever seen. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Fall wreath is beautiful.. Love the fabric flowers!

    Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just beyond gorgeous! All of the textures and tones and variety make it so unique and truly lovely. :-) Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wreath is so pretty!! I love the colors and how unique it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wreath is absolutely beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wreath turned out really nice...glad you decided to take the plunge! I've been wanting to make some fabric flowers myself...you've inspired me to go ahead and try! Enjoyed this post and all the lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! The fabric flowers look great with the leaves. Thanks for sharing! I found you through Homemaker in Heels linky party. I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! The colors and the fabric flowers...all just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First word that came to mind - Gorgeous! I love it & will be pinning so that I can copy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww this is so amazingly gorgeous.

    I would love to have you join us at our linking party this week at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/10/celebrating-fall-with-linking-party.html
    Have a great week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this beautiful wreath. Love it. I'm a new member of your site for sure. Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome wreath, I'm so luvin it. I just did a project that I had to pull out and dust off the glue gun, and I ended up with such a burn on hand that just won't go away. I think it'll be a while before I drag it out again.
    I just think this wreath is very different and I just adore it so.
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  19. This project was definitely worth the work that went into it. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your wreath has got to be one of the prettiest one ever....

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is absolutely beautiful!!!! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those flowers! I so know what you mean about putting off a dreaded project! But look at your amazing results! Thanks again for linking up to The Creative Spark - always so happy to have you!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful! I love all the different colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is just lovely. If I didn't have several fall wreaths already I'd make one. I just adore the fabric roses!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so wonderful! I love how sweet those little flowers look on the grapevine wreath. Great job making a really beautiful wreath! Thanks for sharing this @ Show & Share! So glad that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful wreath. Love the flowers. I will be highlighting this at the link party #4 highlights tomorrow evening at www.projectqueen.org
    Thank you so much for linking up. Hope you come back on Tuesday and link up to party #5.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your wreath. I might have to try to tackle doing this one myself but in 2012, not this year.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautifully arranged on a just a fraction of the wreath!!! I love tha flowers they look like the real thing, I may have to try this! I love the creativity you put into your other projects as well. I just found another talented lady!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...